Saturday, December 12, 2009

Where's the Thanksgiving post?!

So yeah, procrastination.....

I has it...

Embarrassingly late Thanksgiving entry because, well, there were just too many pictures to go through. Seriously, like, I had to pull all the good ones out and merge the ones everyone else took. And then there's all the super advanced filters for the images in Picture Viewer. And the wine has to be drunk people! I don't see you helping me with that!

No sympathy?
I figured as much...

Thanksgiving story: we went to Florida to see the Dad-in-Law and the Florida Mom. It was elevenish hours to drive. Elevenish because, who am I kidding, anything more than a tank of gas and it doesn't matter. Long. Butt numbing and and boring and no amount of "I Spy" is gonna make it more fun-ish. So to cut down on the sucks-ass-factor, we left in the evening. (My idea, as opposed to Stephen's idea: let's leave at 5pm and get stuck in all that tunnel traffic behind a non-inspection-passing toxic-fume-spewing VW van full of unshowered hippies who are smoking reefer and jamming to Bob Marley. It happened last time folks. I was there.) That was the easy part, the "deciding".

When Stephen got home, I sent him upstairs to nap with E and I packed. Which is such a thankless job. I mean it's right up there with dusting and keeping the CD's in alphabetical order. No one looks at your OCD-y luggage with labeled sandwich bags and every possible electronic charger and says "My God, Sweetheart, thank goodness I have you or, ....shit, I'd be naked!" Nope. I should rack up points for every time I answer yes to "You didn't happen to pack X did you?" or "Please God tell me we brought Y." Then I could cash them in for, like a cruise or a spa day or something. Wouldn't that be nice!?

So anywho.... as I am scrambling to remember every possible thing a Mommy, Daddy, Baby and Doggie might need for 4 days, Stephen is refreshed and staring at me burning circles in the hardwood floors. I was in full-fledged freak-out-mode. I was so tired. Poor Hubby was just toting out my finished products as I filled them. He wants to help me, he really does, but he knows me well enough to just back up and let me do things my way. You know, cuz my way is better ;P

Elizabeth, on the other hand, is simply being cute and photogenic as always.


Don't forget to pack the boobies, Mom. 
I needs them.

Eventually we get packed and get on the road. We drive elevenish hours. Arrive in Florida. Have Thanksgiving. Eat too much. Feel like the guy from Seven. The End....


Contact tryptophan high via boobie milk.
Or is that a contact "low"?

 

I did not have eating relations with that cranberry sauce!

Haha! Yeah right!

You know I took like eleventy billion pictures of my angel and now I feel compelled to show them all to you. That's how much I love you, blog readers (all 4 of you!). However, the humorous paragraph producing brain cells have recently been shot all to hell by someone who got their 4 month shots and is now the most clingy, cranky, cantankerous demon spawn who no longer requires sleep and/or silence to function. I won't name names, but you know who you are (points to E). I'm tired. She's tired. The neighbors are tired. They should make a Lifetime TV show about it.

Instead, I treat you to a simple picture montage with captions. Please hum an appropriately chosen theme song to yourself as you scroll down.





Chillin' with Grandpa...


Nom nom nom ... you is comfy couch to eat upon...

 
Gammy giving Mommy a much needed break from the Milk Monster... Thanks Gammy!

 
You see these people here?
These mah families...
They loves meh <3

 
This my Gammy...
I has stolen her heart and putted it in mah pocket <3

 
Finally!
Someone to play with!!

 
Thanks Uncle Will!
I need you at my house to 'splain all my toys there, too :)

 
However, this "sharing attention" stuff displeases me greatly...

 
Indoctrination via gaming propaganda...
I think it's working!

 
This game you play...
Not amusing...

 
OMG my baby is getting so big!

 
I know this is *mostly* the same pic again, but the subtle differences between the two made it hard to pick just one. It's always such a struggle for me to chose a favorite in a string of pictures and that's probably why it takes so long to get my blog posts out. But such is the life of a cute kid mommy. It's a cross I have to bear <3


 Seriously?!
James Bond?
Again?!?!


 
 Oh Grandpa, I don't know what Mommy and Gammy are talking about...
You're so witty!


 
 Oh God... someone save me...
testosterone levels...
so high...


 
Dad... you're doin' it sooooo wrong...
Lemme shows you...
 
Up, down, left arrow, left arrow, triangle, circle, square...
Oh, and jump... 
 
Seriously....
no explanation needed....
It must be hereditary... 

 
Group shot...
cutest one is in red <3
 
 
Chewie and Annie...
not the quickest of friends, but eventually the bestest of friends...

 
 Lizzie's personal guard dog....
Annie would follow her around the whole time and sleep outside the door :)


 
Destroyers of garden planting supplies...

 
OMG LOLZ!
They could be twins!


 
Le animals...
Jealous much?

 
His name is Chewie and he is in time out.
But we still lovez him :) 

 
Betsy never passes up a good lap...
Even one that *might* be already taken!
My cute little yin yang twins <3

This concludes our belated review of Thanksgiving 2009.

6 comments:

katquilter said...

Adorable! There are NEVER too many pictures!!

I LOVE ALL the pictures of her in the jumpy-thing.

AND her eyes are SO BLUE!

AND there are more people who read you than who "follow" you....

AND please bring that front carrier thing Stephen is wearing... pink and brown... (really? pink and brown? SURPRISE!!!)

"Betsy" is also a nickname for "Elizabeth", you know!

Anonymous said...

I should email my friend about your post.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ciprofloxacin]cipro 250 mg uti
[/url]zofran pregnancy mayo
ciprofloxacin 500 mg nhs
cipro bacterial coverage
cipro coverage
cifran medicament

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]ribavirin online
[/url] ribavirin 100 mg online
order virazole online
rebetol 100 mg

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]virazole 100 mg online
[/url] order virazole
copegus 100 mg online
ribavirin online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/biaxinclarithromycin/]biaxin 250 mg
[/url][url=http://www.freewebs.com/online-biaxin/]biaxin 250 mg
[/url][url=http://www.freewebs.com/buy-sustiva-efavirenz/]Efavirenz buy
[/url][url=http://www.freewebs.com/buy-asacol-mesalamine/]Salofalk online
[/url]